Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 2

I finally got my ass out of Alaska crossing into Canada.  The border crossing was uneventful and took 10 minutes or less.  This is a good thing.  The civilized stops are a little farther apart in Canada so they keep some of their rest stops with outhouses open.  I stopped at one between the border and Destruction Bay and found the door didn't close so that made for a breezy experience but it worked out since I selected the one where the door faces the scenery instead of the road. See Album. I got a nice shot of the Yukon Flats which are just that, flat areas between mountains.  The forest grows and decays slowly so the forest fires are an inherent part of the forest cycle, leaving burnt standing trees which you can see on the right.  And of course the camera takes nice mountains on the horizon and squashes them.

I got lunch at Destruction Bay and kept on to Haines Junction and then to Whitehorse for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment